3-20-2015: Added template
3-21-2015: Added Trivia.
3-25-2015: Added starting date
3-29-2015: Added event
4-4-2015: Session notes added.
Pre Session Notes
- Dalaldriel gains level, gets hero point.
- Question: What is the tallest structure in Magnimar? (Answer in comments below, first correct answer will gain something)
- Winner: Josh. Reward: Bonus XP 1150.
- Event: Late evening on 9th of Abadius, Orik stumbles into your tavern. Breathing heavily, he informs you that the night after your departure for Magnimar, a group of men dressed in black, infiltrated the manor. They were sneaking about the groups quarters, and fled when Orik appeared. As far as he could tell, nothing was stolen. He came immediately to notify you of the event.
Post Session Summary
Date: 10 Abadius (January) 4708 – Fireday (Friday)
The group spends the day investigating Magnimar, attempting to track down the location of the mysterious Brothers of the Seven. Their efforts prove largely fruitless until they decide to inspect Seven’s Sawmill on Kyver’s Islet in the Ordellia District. There, they meet with a laborer who promises they can discuss a lumber purchasing contract with the manager of the mill later that day.
To kill time during the remainder of the day, Eashen and Demarek visit the home of The Heidmarchs – the local Pathfinder Society Lodge. There they submit for research the letter written to Aldern Foxglove from the mysterious Xanesha, as well as inquire as to the appropriate steps to take for initiation as members of the society.
In the meantime, Abhishek visits the House of Lords, seeking to find additional clues as to the whereabouts of the Brothers of the Seven. She then visits the town guards and discovers some information about the recent murders in town. The bodies – all marked with the bloody seven-pointed star – were nearly always found within the Underbridge District, and most of them were known to frequent the many gambling houses and brothels in Magnimar, although a few of them were also known thieves and criminals.
Navi and Dalaldriel venture into the Underbridge district, asking questions of the commoners and poor. They uncover nothing but a rumor of a massive snake wandering around the old clock tower in the center of the district. On a whim, the duo decide to enter and explore the clock tower. Much to their surprise, they are ambushed by a massive, fleshy monstrosity who quickly slays Navi with a huge scythe. Daladriel, unable to confront such a monster, flees the scene.
After meeting up with the rest of the group, Daladriel, Eashen, Demarek, Abhishsek, and Orik venture back to the clock tower that evening. Upon entering, they are attacked by the huge creature – a flesh golem – who falls before the combined assault of the party. Ascending the tower, they narrowly avoid being crushed by a falling bell before reaching the top of the tower where they are met by a vicious half woman, half snake creature: a lamia matriarch. A furious battle ensues, and they manage to kill her.
In her nest, they discover a small treasure trove, a list of names (some crossed out) labeled Sihedron Sacrifices , as well as the following letter:
The group spends the night at the top of the clock tower.
Date: 11 Abadius (January) 4708 – Starday(Saturday)
Rising early, the group departs the clock tower and heads to Seven’s sawmill. While no one seems to be present, the group sneaks into the building via a small trapdoor on the roof. Dalaldrel, hidden by an invisibility spell, sneaks down to the first floor to open the main door for her companion. To her surprise, the main door is open, and standing there is Chief Justice Ironbriar shouting orders to the mill workers: Load everything up! They’ve killed her – we must flee immediately!
That voice – Dalaldriel immediately recognizes the voice as that of her old lover and nemesis: Magoon Ra. While Ironbriar’s appearance was different, his unmistakable voice shook Dalaldriel to the core: Could it really be him? Why was he here? Does he still have the crown!?!? Dalaldriel runs out to retrieve the rest of the party and together, they storm the sawmill, culminating in a furious fight on the top floor.
All of the Norgerber cultists are slain during the battle, and Ironbriar escapes; vanishing in a cloud of smoke. Before departing, however, Ironbriar is able to use his crown of domination on Dalaldriel, ordering her to kill herself, which she attempts once before being subdued by Demarek. In addition to some valuable treasure, the party is able to loot an interesting ledger – encoded in some cryptic cypher – from Ironbriars office. They also manage to save a young lady – Marilis Akehurst, a cleric of Desna – from certain death a the hands of the cult. As the sawmil burns to the ground, consumed in flames form several fireballs cast during the battle, they are left to wonder: Where did Ironbriar go? And, perhaps more importantly, when will he be back?
Defeating Scarecrow, the awakened flesh golem: 3,200
Bypassing the Falling Bell trap: 1,200
Defeating the Faceless stalker lookout: 1,200
Slaying Xanesha, the lamia matriarch: 6,400
Discovering the plot to kill Lord Mayor Gobaras: 4,800
Defeating the cultists at Seven’s Sawmill: 600 × 13 = 7,800
Defeating Ironbriar / Maugoon Ra: 3,200
Saving Marilis Akehurst: 3,000
Total party XP: 30,800
Josh / Eashen: XP: +7310/ 26,925 (total) LEVEL 6
Jim / Demarek: XP: +6160/ 28,575 (total) LEVEL 6
Angela / Abhishek: XP: +6160/ 28,175(total) LEVEL 6
Marcus / Daladriel: XP: +6160/ 29,325 (total) LEVEL 6
Evan /Navi: Deceased
NPC / Orik: +6160 / 17,160 (total) LEVEL 5
Experience required for Level 7: 35,000
From Scarecrow, the awakened flesh golem
- + 1 Scythe (large creature size)
- Cloak of Elvenkind
- 125 gp,
- 309 sp
- silver ring (75 gp)
- Silver mirror (50 gp)
From the Faceless stalker lookout:
- leather armor
- Heavy Crossbow
- 33,000 cp
- 8100 sp
- 900 gp
- 100 pp
- 4200 gp worth of gems and jewels
- 4x Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds
- + 2 Kukuri ( small)
- Ring of Jumping
- Golembane Scarab
- Impaler of Thorns
- This ancient weapon is very likely a Thassilonian artifact.
- It functions as a Longspear + 1, though successful critical hits are accompanied by an unsettling screech.
- 1x day as it strikes a foe, the wielder may cause it ( as a free action) to unleash a 30’ burst of dispair that affects all creatures not wielding an Impaler of Thorns. Creatures affected must save vs. DC 16 Will or be overwhelmed with sadness and dispair, suffering a – 2 to attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage for 6 minutes. The target struck must succeed against a second DC 16 Will or be nauseated for 1 round.
- Medusa Mask
- This intricate mask of gold plated iron has several writhing snake tales radiating from a gemstone upon the brow, similar to the hair of a medusa.
- Grants the wearer a +4 bonus to all saving thwos against visual effects, including gaze attacks and sight based illusions.
- 1x day as a standard action, the wearer may target a single creature within 30’, who must save vs. DC 15 fortitude or be petrified for 1 minute, as if by flesh to stone.
- Sihedron Medallion
- Identical to the one Dalaldriel already wears.
- + 1 bonus to all saves
- 1x day, may be commanded to bestow upon the user the effects of False Life spell
- If placed on the neck of a dead body, it preserves the body indefinitely via a gentle repose effect.
- Snakeskin tunic
- Note: This is a shirt, and may be worn with armor.
From the Sawmill Cultists:
- 13x Leather Armor
- 13x Hand Crossbow
- 130 crossbow bolts
- 13x Masterwork War Razor
- 260 gp
- 13x Skinsaw Mask
- This hideous mask resembles a patchwork, deformed face with a single bulbous eye.
- When worn, this mask grants wearers a + 2 competence bonus to perception vs. creatures who are not immune to fear, and a + 1 profane bonus to damage with slashing weapons.
- Wearing the mask leaves mental scars; the wearer takes 1 point of charisma damage when the mask is donned.
- No merchant will purchase these. However, any good-aligned church will gladly reward 750gp for each mask so that they may destroy them.
- 20 Skinsaw Cult outfits ( no value)
From Ironbriar’s Office:
- Assorted maps, charts, books and tomes ( 100gp )
- A particularly curious map marking something called The Pit in the Devils Platter area of the Sandpoint Hinterlands. Notes scrawled on the map make reference to Kabriri, The carrion-stenched demon lord.
- Pamphlets and documents referencing a long lost school of magic called Alchymic (complete drivel to any true spellcaster)
- A fine painting of a city carved in a vast, frozen waterfall. (200 gp)
- A spellbook containing the following spells: Blink, Cat’s Grace, Chill touch, Enlarge Person, Fox’s Cunning, Grease, Haste, Lighting Bolt, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Scorching Ray, Shocking Gasp, Shrink Item, Spider Climb, and Web.
- A Beautiful Tome: The Syrpents Tane: Fairy Tales of the Eldest. An extremely fine and rare tome, worth 500 gp.
- A slim journal/ledger. Clearly coded in some cypher, you are able to tease out some elvish and some draconic characters and words, though many more are still strange to you. Some work will be required to decipher this.