thac0hNo's Rise of the Runelords Campaign
What you have learned from Brodert Quink:
Very little is truly known about Thassilon. Contemporary historians agree on a few things, namely:
- Thassilon was a very ancient and very powerful nation that existed where present-day Varisia exists now.
- Thassilon was ruled by seven powerful Runelords, wizard-kings who ruled their own feifdoms.
- Thassilon practiced some ancient, powerful form of magic. This magic was split into seven schools. The seven schools ( and their rough correlation to contemporary schools of magic) are listed here:
- Envy (Abjuration)
- Gluttony (Necromancy)
- Greed (Transmutation)
- Lust (Enchantment)
- Pride (Illusion)
- Sloth (Conjuration)
- Wrath (Evocation)
Brodert has his own theories, which he is more than willing to share:
- He believes that Thassilonian are far more common in Varisia than many believe – hidden under our very noses. The Irespan in Magnimar, the Crystilan in the Steaming Sea, the great Skull’s Crossing Dam on the Storval Plateau are just the most known and recognized. In fact, Brodert believes the Old Light in northeast Sandpoint is an ancient Thassilonian ruin and artifact of great power. Brodert feels that such unknown secrets are everywhere.
- Brodert believes that his contemporaries are incorrect in their assertion that the Thassilonian empire is about 4-6000 years old. He believes that it is at least 10,000 years old, or perhaps even older.
- The seven schools of magic are the origins of what we now call the seven deadly sins.
- Each Runelord was a master at his particular school of magic.
Brodert is dying to know more, and tells the party to bring him any Thassilonian artifacts they find. He will make it worth their while.
What you have learned from Shiela Heidmarch: